Inserting a link into a post or page in WordPress is easy. It might not be quite straight forward the first time you do it but you’ll very quickly get the hang of it. You can start by following these steps:
- Highlight the text you wish to link
- Click on the chain icon in the tool bar immediately above the text editor area
- The box that pops up (see below) will have the “Url” field already started with “http://”
Then either method 1:
- Click on ‘Or link to existing content’
- Search for the page you want to link to and click it (you can type the name of the page in the search field)
- You don’t need to do anything else, just click the ‘Add link’ button
Or method 2:
- Delete the “http://”
- Go to the page you wish to link to and copy the full link from the address bar.
- Paste this link into the url field below.
Editing existing links:
- If you want to edit an existing link, then place the cursor in the word that links and click on the chain icon and follow these same steps.
IMPORTANT – once you’ve followed these steps, always go to the published page and check that the link works as expected.